In accordance with established mission statement, policies and procedures of A Taste of The South and or specific instructions from the B2B Sales Supervisor and B2B Sales Director, the BGS Corporate Sales Rep is responsible for selling and servicing new and existing accounts. Performing sales and service functions for targeted markets and special programs.
- Execution of a marketing plan and strategies to bring in new business accounts and build existing accounts. Maintain and maximize revenues from existing customer accounts.
- Responsible for ensuring the best customer experience is received from entire team.
- Develop an effective lead strategy. Plan and prepare daily call schedule. Establish cold calling plan.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products.
- Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications.
- Process customer transactions such as orders, quotes or returns.
- Proactively recommend items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and improve transactions profitability.
- Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed.
- Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaints.
- Fill request for catalogs, information or samples.
- Setup and maintain customer files.
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members of the team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Experience in a fast paced sales environment. Working knowledge of Windows, Excel and company software. BA/BS in Business Administration or Marketing preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding and applications of effective selling strategies and techniques.
- Team player who works productively with a wide range of people.
- Successfully maintaining the energy and initiative required to meet the demands of a very short and intense "season".
- Communicating effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities.
- Effective interpersonal communication, both internally and externally.
- Effective resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Problem-solving and analytical ability.
- Ability to work independently with some direction.
- Able to multi-task.
- Knowledge of logistics, including carriers, shipping policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.